top of page
Civil Litigation - Private
comment #:
average rating is 5 out of 5
average rating is null out of 5
Unfortunately, I believe his best years on the bench are probably many years behind him. He appreciates good preparation and punctuality. But, may God help you if you are anything but very vanilla and very corporate in your approach. If he is alienated, he seems to take a side of the case before trial, in the context of Rule 56 Motions,and therafter rules on pre-trial motions accordingly. In my case, he clearly did not follow controlling precedent, and seemingly purposefully ignored and did not mention a key opinion,that both sides agreed was on point, in his written decision on a Rule 56 Motion. At trial, he ruled hastily on matters of evidence, often times not really understanding the relevance of items of evidence. He seems like a nice gentleman, but he really should not be trying cases. He's scary. He gets 80% of his evidence rulings correct, but the remaining 20% seem to kill you. Overall, the worst experience with a trial judge I have had in over 30 years and over 100 jury trials.
7/15/19, 2:12 AM
Hon. Edward C. Reed, Jr.

Send reply to the comment poster:

note: comment poster will be able to reply directly to your email

bottom of page